Schönegg a village near to Helfenberg.
In the year 1832 Franz Viehböck established a small weaving mill in his private house. At this time the surname Viehböck was written with a "H". The necessary flax grew in front of the weaving mill. Every single productions step (harvest of the flax, spinning, weaving and bleaching) was made at the old mill.
38 years later his son Joseph took over the family business.
The next one in the line:
In the year 1878 the surname Viehböck had been falsely wirtten in the baptismal certificate. The Viehböcks lost their "h". Leopold Vieböck settled the business to the village Helfenberg and sold the linen fabrics in his own factory store.
At this time nearly every farm had their own hand weaving-loom. In the winter-time the vieböck mill handed out the linen yarns to the farmers. Afterwards these people worked from home for the weaving mill vieböck.
The very first collection.
In the year 1905 every vieböck fabric was defined by it´s own article number. Leopold designed his first collections. This fabrics were continuously woven with the same pattern and the same quality.
In the same year Leopold Vieböck married Maria Steininger. Together they moved to their new residence in Helfenberg.
1948 - A new house was built.
In the year 1948 the new factory building had been opend. The weaving mill bought also 20 new mechanical looms.
The daugther Christine.
A young weaver arrived.
In the year 1992 Johann Kobler started to work as production manager at the Vieböck mill. The factory had been equipped with several new looms.
Awards & Certifications
Since 2011 - GOTS Member
Since 2011 - IVN Best Member
2017 - BGF Austria Award